EPIC SEVEN WYVERN HUNT GUIDE

 
Screenshot_20181229-115809_edited_edited

Keys to Defeat Wyvern

1. Apply at Least 2 Debuffs (Preferably 3)

2. Bring Defense Breakers and use Daydream Joker on Damage Dealer

3. Bring all Ice Units (Other than General Purrgis)

4. At least 150 Speed on all Damage Dealer 

IMG_0246.png

1. Apply at Least 2 Debuffs (Preferably 3)

 

Applying debuffs on Wyvern has 3 benefits

1. 2 or more debuffs prevents Wyvern 13 from attacking the backline this is mentioned in "Super Acceleration"

2. Defense Break speeds up the run

3. 3 or more debuffs applied will decrease damage from "Fireball Barrage"

Sez's Tip: 

Because Effect Resistance for Wyvern is now 80%, Effectiveness of debuffers needs to be 65%.

daydream-joker.jpg

2. Bring Defense Breakers and Use Daydream Joker on Damage Dealers

 

Having Defense Break and Daydream Joker significantly lowers the gear requirement to kill Wyvern. 

Daydream Joker is one of the best Damage dealing Artifacts because it deals at least 1.5% health of the boss and it scales with Crit Chance and Crit hit Damage. For example, if the hero has 200% Critical Hit Damage it will be at least  4.5% extra bonus damage. 

Wyvern 13 has 233,578 hp.

4.5% of 233578 health is 10,511 damage on top of your normal damage. Not a lot of Artifacts can reach that bonus damage. 

3. Bring all Ice Units (Other than General Purrgis)

 

Due to "Fire's Protection", Wyvern gain Combat Readiness whenever a non-Ice Unit moves. 

Ice heroes also have Elemental Advantage, meaning they get 15% extra Crit Hit chance. So Ice Heroes only need 85% Critical Hit Chance to guarantee Critical Hit. 

IMG_0135.png

4. Have at least 150 Speed on all Damage Dealer

 

Having at least 150 Speed helps Damage Dealers takes enough turn to deal damage. We also find 150 speed is pretty easy to achieve while guaranteeing a certain amount of damage. 

The only situation where players may not need 150+ Speed is if they have General Purrgis's passive or Idol's Cheer Artifact. 

Team Compositions

Compositions Check List

Example Teams

Composition Check List

A typical Wyvern Hunt team composition should have the following:

1. Team Setup: Tank + 3 Debuffers

2. Defense Break Debuff

3. 3 Types of Debuff or Multiple Bleed, Burn or Poison

Note: Make sure Wyvern is not immune to all these debuffs

4. Speed of Damage Dealers and Debuffers need to be at least 150 speed or above. Doesn't apply if General Purrgis is the tank

5. Daydream Joker on Damage Dealer and Debuffers

6. Effectiveness on all Debuffer need to be 65% or above

7. Make sure Defense Breakers go before other Damage Dealers

8. Critical Hit Chance on Damage Dealers need to be at least 85%, (35% if using Furious) 

Example Teams

Team 1: Angelic Montmorancy, Clarissa, Alexa, Taranor Guard

Go through Check list:

1. Team Setup: Tank  + 2 Debuffers  + 1 Defense Breaker

  Angelic Montmorancy is Tank;  Clarissa, Alexa are Debuffers; Taranor Guard is Defense Breaker

2. Defense Break Debuff     Clarissa, Tarnor Guard

3. 3 Types of Debuff or Multiple Bleed, Burn or Poison        2 Poison, 2 Bleed, Defense Break

4. Speed of Damage Dealers and Debuffers need to be at least 150 speed or above. Doesn't apply if General Purrgis is the tank     

No General Purrgis so we will need to gear  Taranor Guard, Clarissa, and Alexa with speed above 150

5. Daydream Joker on Debuffers 

Daydream Joker will be on Clarissa, Taranor Guard, and Alexa

6. Effectiveness on all Debuffer need to be 65% or above

Clarissa, Taranor Guard and Alexa will need Effectiveness as close to 65% as possible

7. Make sure Defense Breakers go before other Damage Dealers

Turn order should be: Taranor Guard --> Clarissa --> Alexa

8. Critical Hit Chance on Damage Dealers need to be at least 85%, (35% if using Furious) 

Critical Hit Chance of Alexa and Clarissa definitely needs to be 85%, Taranor Guard will be good to have but not required. 

Team 2: General Purrgis, Sigret, Clarissa, Furious
Team 3: Angelica, Seaside Bellona, Clarissa, Alexa
 
 
IMG_1420.png

Recommended Heroes

Tank

Debuffers

Defense Breaker

Overview

 

Yellow Frame are Recommended Heroes that we will go over in later section

Ranking
Tank
(1 Needed)
Debuffers
(2 Needed)

1

General Purrgis

Sigret

2

Angelic Montmorancy

Seaside Bellona

3

Angelica

Clarissa

4

Crozet

Furious

with Song of Stars 

5

Tywin

Alexa

Defense Breaker
(1 Needed)

Furious

Taranor Guard

Seaside Bellona

Karin

Clarissa

Tank (1 needed at front line)

General%20Purrgis_edited.jpg
Recommended Artifacts

Proof of Valor or Sepulcrum

IMG_0136.png
General Purrgis

Generally considered the best Tank if players summoned him.

  • Lower speed requirement significantly for the team. due to his Passive. Whenever he gets hit, he increases the Combat Readiness of the whole team by 10%. Wyvern hits Purrgis 3 times which is free 30% Combat Readiness push for the whole team each turn. 

  • Very easy to gear, give him Proof of Valor or Sepulcrum Artifact, and as much Health and Defense as possible. No speed needed

  • AOE Stun helps ensure a safer minion wave 

If Players have General Purrgis, and are struggling with Wyvern 13, we recommend using him.  

IMG_0119_edited.jpg
Recommended Artifacts:

Prophetic Candle Stick, Idol's Cheer,  Envoy's Pipe, Proof of Valor

prophetic-candlestick.jpg
Angelic Montmorancy

  • Can alleviate some pushback effect from Wyvern because of her high effect resistance. 

 

Note: To 100% not get Combat Readiness Pushed back, players will need 200% Effect Resistance. 

  • Strong Single Target Heal with very short Cooldown

  • Free and accessible from Connection Hero

  • Can be used in many other PVE contents

  • Doesn't Require MolaGora for Skill Enhancement

Angelica_edited.jpg
Recommended Artifacts

Prophetic Candle Stick, Idol's Cheer,  Envoy's Pipe, Proof of Valor

Angelica

Angelica is easier to build as a Wyvern Tank than Angelic Montmorancy because she has more Defensive Stats naturally as a 4 Star Hero.

 

Angelica's heals are multi target so players don't have to worry about Angelica healing another teammate instead of herself. 

  • Strong Heals with very short Cooldown

  • Can be used in many other PVE contents

  • Has high Defensive Stats 

Recommended Artifacts

Sword of Ezera, Holy Sacrifice,

Proof of Valor

Tywin

  • Attack Buff and CR Push

  • Have access to Sword of Ezera and Holy Sacrifice

  • High Chance of Defense Break incase you need an extra Defense Break

  • Least Recommended compare to the other options

 

IMG_0134.png
sez full.png

Debuffers (2 needed)

 

Make sure Effectiveness are 65%

Recommended Artifacts

Daydream Joker

daydream-joker.jpg
Sigret

Sigret is probably the best Wyvern Hunt Damage Dealer/Debuffer, which is why we recommend selecting her for  Selective Summon.  

  •  Exclusive Equipment that can help increase the chance of applying debuffs. 

  • S1 has s2 Bleed Debuff

  • S2 has Bleed and Unhealable Debuff and Can Trigger S1, which applies more debuff

  • S3 Deals more damage the more debuffs there are on the target

  • Can One Shot Wyvern in the later game

If players have Sigret, definitely recommend using her as primary member for Wyvern.  

Recommended Artifacts

Daydream Joker

Seaside Bellona

SSB is a Limited Hero but is one of the best Wyvern Hunter if players happen to get their hands on her. 

  • Comes with Defense Break, Target, Unbuffable, and Unhealable Debuffs

  • Ensure fast Minion Wave Clear with her AOE damage skills

Recommended Artifacts

Daydream Joker

Clarissa

With new Exclusive Equipment, she is a mini Sigret and we recommend building her if players do not have Sigret or Seaside Bellona. 

  • S1 has Defense Break and Bleed (with Exclusive Equipment)

  • S3 has Defense Break and Bleed

  • Fast Minion Wave Clear with her AOE damage skills

Recommended Artifacts

Daydream Joker

Alexa

The most accessible option and Alexa does her job well!

  • S1 can hit twice when it Crits, this is significant because with Daydream Joker, she will be procing it twice and dealing massive damage

  • S2 applies 2 poison debuff at high percentage, which is the best damaging debuff. 

  • Available in Connection 

  • Doesn't need MolaGora for Skill Enhancement

 

Most players opt to turn off her skills so she can focus on dealing damage. Players just need to make sure they have enough debuffs from other team members. 

Defense Breaker (1 Needed)

Defense Break is the most important debuff. It decreases the defense of the boss and allows players to deal massive. Make sure the Effectiveness of these heroes are at 65% for Wyvern 13 and 55% for Wyvern 12 or lower. Have these hero move before all other Heroes if possible. 

Recommended Artifacts

Song of Stars or Daydream Joker

song-of-stars.jpg
Furious

Highly Recommend Furious as he is available in Connection Heroes. 

  • Comes with Teamwide Critical Hit Chance Buff, significantly lowers the equipment requirement

Sez's Tip: Critical Hit Chance Buff Increases Heroes' Crit Hit Chance by 50%, this means with Furious, your Ice heroes on the team will only need 35% Critical Hit Chance to guarantee a Critical Hit. 50% Critical Hit Chance + 15% Critical Hit Chance from Elemental Advantage +35% = 100%!

  • With Song of Stars Artifact, Furious has high effect chance to apply Defense Break from S3 and Target debuff from Artifact

  • S1 Burn

Make sure he goes first before any other hero, especially if players want to rely on his Critical Hit Chance buff for extra Critical Hit. 

Recommended Artifacts

Daydream Joker

Taranor Guard

  • S1 has 75% chance for Defense Break

  • CR Push with Dual Attack

  • Doesn't need MolaGora for Skill Enhancement

Players should turn off his skills so that he doesn't use his S3. We want him to just keep using S1 to defense break. 

Recommended Artifacts

Daydream Joker or Torn Sleeves

IMG_0176.png
Karin​
  • S2 has high effect chance for Defense Break

  • Can deal lots of Single Target Damage

  • Can utilize Torn Sleeves as a debuffer if needed

Sez's Tip: Torn Sleeves is a Limited Artifact from Guilty Gear Collaboration. 

Real Team Demonstration

Recap

Sez's Team Stats

Video

Recap

A typical Wyvern Hunt team composition should have the following:

1. Team Setup: Tank + 3 Debuffers

2. Defense Break Debuff

3. 3 Types of Debuff or Multiple Bleed, Burn or Poison

Note: Make sure Wyvern is not immune to all these debuffs

4. Speed of Damage Dealers and Debuffers need to be at least 150 speed or above.

(Doesn't apply if General Purrgis is the tank)

5. Daydream Joker on Debuffers

6. Effectiveness on all Debuffer need to be 65% or above

7. Make sure Defense Breakers go before other Damage Dealers

8. Critical Hit Chance on Damage Dealers need to be at least 85%, (35% if using Furious) 

Below we show one of our writer's team that works. 

Stats

IMG_0160_edited.jpg
IMG_0161_edited.jpg

Video

 

This concludes our guide. Feel free to check out  Useful Artifacts for Wyvern or other Guides

E7 made EZ by Sez Gaming! Until next time!